TCOM Admissions: Changes in Admissions Related to COVID-19 Pandemic
Key Information Items for Applicants:
Complete your TMDSAS and TCOM Secondary Application in a timely manner. We will process your application without the MCAT scores (if you are waiting to take the test). We will add your scores with your application when they arrive.
Make sure you monitor receipt of letters of recommendation. We typically receive them within days from the time they arrive at TMDSAS. We will update the checklist in our portal as they are received and added to your application.
Even though the application deadlines have been extended, offers of admission will continue as previously scheduled beginning October 15. Offers of admission will start on a rolling basis and will continue throughout the entire application cycle in accordance with the rules established by the TMDSAS participating medical schools.
Continue to monitor this web page for announcements. We will continue to monitor the disruptions caused by the COVID-19 pandemic and will adjust our policies and procedures accordingly. If there are any additional changes to our admissions process, we will post them here. We will also post them in the Texas Health Education Service Newsroom.
- TCOM will accept courses taken during the Spring 2020 semester graded pass/fail including required prerequisite courses.
- TCOM will accept courses taken during the Summer 2020 term graded pass/fail including required prerequisite courses (updated 5/28/2020)
- TCOM has always accepted online courses for credit completed from a regionally accredited college or university.
|Deadline||Old Date||New Date|
|TMDSAS Application||October 1, 2020||November 1, 2020|
|TCOM Secondary Application||October 15, 2020||November 17, 2020|
for a detailed calendar of admissions dates, please click here
Early Decision Notification:
- Applicants for TCOM’s Early Decision Program will be notified by October 1, 2020 rather than September 15, 2020
- Applicants have until September 15, 2020 to submit MCAT scores (early submission is highly recommended).
- Interview invitations will be sent starting in early July with scheduled interview dates to begin late August or early September. Interview days will be scheduled through early February.
Any questions should be sent to the TCOM Admissions E-mail Account at: TCOMAdmissions@unthsc.edu
This page was last modified on May 29, 2020