General FAQ

When is the deadline?
Students can work on meeting all requirements during their first semester (except the meningitis required of students under 22). However, students must have requirements completed before they can be enrolled in their 2nd semester courses. Holds will be placed on accounts preventing enrollment a few months before the next semester starts. Students are not required to provide documentation for flu until October – February.

What is a titer?
A titer is a laboratory test that measures the presence and amount of antibodies in blood. A titer may be used to prove immunity to disease. A blood sample is taken and tested. If the test is positive (above a particular known value) the individual has immunity. This is not the same as a vaccination. UNTHSC requires quantitative titers.

Is there a specific titer that I must receive to fulfill the requirement?
All titers need to be quantitative, NOT qualitative. They also need to be IgG, not IgM. We have an entire document about what type of titers you need, when to get them, and why.

Do I have to use the Student Health Clinic?
We encourage all current students to utilize the services at the Student Health Clinic as their services are often cheaper than many clinics. However, you will not be able to use the Student Health Clinic until you start classes, so it is not required to use the Student Health Clinic.

Does the school health insurance cover titers?
The health insurance provided by the school should cover titers. If you have a private health insurance plan, you need to talk to your health insurance policy provider or contact the Student Health Clinic: 817-735-5051

If our private health insurance does not cover titers or vaccinations, where is a recommended place to receive titers/immunizations?
The Tarrant County Public Health Department offers vaccinations and titers at a reasonable price. You can call 817-321-4700 for more information.

What if I have had an allergic reaction in the past to a vaccination?
You may submit a statement from a licensed physician that expresses the opinion that the required vaccinations are medically contraindicated or pose a significant risk to your health and well-being.

I am pregnant and should not get vaccinated at this time. What do I do?
You need to have a doctor write a note and indicate specifically which vaccinations you should not receive. Upload that note to Medicat.

Am I still required to comply with the immunization requirements if I am strictly an online student?

Students enrolled in a program that is online-only will be exempt from submitting immunization requirements. If you are enrolled in two programs where one is online and the other is not, then you are required to submit immunizations. If you are taking online courses but your program is NOT online-only, then you must submit immunizations. If you are considered an active student (a student not on a Leave of Absence, Withdrawal, or Dismissed) for programs other than online-only, you must also submit immunizations.

 Our Immunization Compliance System is called Medicat.

Please use Medicat to submit all documentation.

How to access Medicat:
Read our step by step instructions

What is my username and university ID?
Log into ams.unt.edu.

Your User Name is your EUID.
Your UNT System ID is your University ID.

I do not yet have a university assigned email account. What email account should I enter during Medicat registration?

You should use the email that you used during your admissions process. If you are unsure about what email this is, you can log in my.hsc.unt.edu, click Student Center, go to the Personal Information section, click Email Address, and see which email is checked as your preferred email.

I am having problems registering for my account. What do I do?

Contact health@unthsc.edu. We can verify your registration credentials are correct.

How do I upload immunizations?

Here is our step by step instructions on how to submit documentation.

What are the requirements?

You can use our immunization checklist to find out what type of documentation will meet each requirement.

When will I have to have requirements submitted by to not have a hold on my account?

We will be evaluating compliance after the census date each semester. If you have not met requirements between that time and before registration for the next semester, you will have a hold placed on your account. The hold will only block initial registration for the subsequent semester. We will begin enforcing compliance using the Medicat system during the Fall 2016 semester.

I’m getting an error when I try to upload documents. What do I do?

Try the following things:
1. Make sure your file is not too large.
2. Try clearing your cache, cookies, and history. This webpage gives easy instructions on how to do this for your internet browser.
3. Try a different browser and repeat step 2 if it does not resolve the issue.
If this does not resolve your issue, please contact studenthealth@unthsc.edu with a detailed explanation of the problem you are experiencing so we can forwarded on to our Medicat representative.

My log in for Medicat does not work. What do I do?

Try resetting your password. To do this, go to https://unthsc.medicatconnect.com/login.aspx and click ‘Forgot Password’. It will prompt you for your email address. As soon as you submit your email address, you will get an email notification allowing you to change your password. If changing your password still does not allow you to access your account, please contact health@unthsc.edu with a detailed explanation of the problem you are experiencing so we can forwarded on to our Medicat representative.


How do I create an account in Medicat?
You can use these instructions to create an account. Contact health@unthsc.edu if you have any issues.

I forgot my username or password. What do I do?
Go to https://unthsc.medicatconnect.com/ and click ‘forgot password’. Type in your email address to receive your password and log in information.

I have uploaded documentation but it is rejected. I think it should have been accepted.
Please contact us (817-735-5051 or studenthealth@unthsc.edu) and we will review your uploaded documentation.

Do my requirements have to appear on separate forms?
If multiple requirements appear on one document, that is fine! You can use these instructions to upload documentation.


This page was last modified on July 23, 2019