Give to the Student Emergency Fund
HSC students are not immune to the challenges that are happening in the world today. Our Student Emergency Fund has been established to assist with unplanned needs such as loss of income, medical bills, food, insecurity, auto emergencies, etc.
Student Emergency Fund
The Student Emergency Fund (SEF) is a critical part of the support system that HSC provides our enrolled students to continue their education despite unforeseen circumstances.
SEF funds are allocated to those experiencing temporary financial hardships who have exhausted all other financial assistance options from the Institution. All SEF requests are reviewed by the Student Assistance Resource Center in collaboration with the Office of Financial Aid.
In addition to providing direct financial assistance to students, the SEF is used to purchase food and personal items (toothpaste, deodorant, soap, etc) for our HSC Food Pantry that can be accessed by all HSC students.
The health and wellbeing of our students is our number one priority at HSC. We are committed to providing the resources and support services necessary to meet their needs.
FY 21 Numbers:
- 44 awards averaging ~$840/award, $37,000 total.
- 133 visits, 868.67 pounds of food taken
Student Emergency Fund (SEF)
The student emergency fund provides emergency financial assistance to enrolled students who are having temporary financial hardships due to unforeseen or uncontrollable circumstances.
- Student must have a temporary financial hardship resulting from a sudden emergency, accident or unforeseen event.
- Student must have exhausted all financial assistance through Financial Aid Office.
- Student must be currently enrolled at HSC during the semester seeking financial assistance.
- Funds are awarded only to the recipient.
- Student must be able to provide requested documentation.
- Proper documentation must be provided within the application and/or during meeting with the SEF representative which may include:
- Documentation of the crisis situation: photo’s, doctor’s note, insurance claim, etc.
- Bills or invoices for payments to be made
- A representative of the SEF will contact the student for more information and/or to set a meeting with the student in a timely manner.
- Replacement of essential personal items due to a fire, natural disaster, or theft
- Funds for immediate shelter
- Safety needs
- Prescriptions or other cost related to medical care