1. Getting Started. A personal trainer can guide you down the path to fitness by creating an exercise routine specific to your goals.
2. Accountability. It’s easy to blow off a workout when nobody is expecting you to show. It’s a lot tougher to do so when you have a trainer expecting you.
3. Learning proper technique and form. If you’re not doing exercises the right way, it can lead to injury that can sideline you. By doing them right, you’re staying safe and also getting the maximum benefit from your workout.
4. Motivation. Motivation is one of the largest struggles encountered when trying to improve your fitness on your own and it is the primary advantage of personal training. A personal trainer will provide a powerful motivational force in your routine, giving you incentive and responsibility when it comes time to exercise.
5. Achieving your goals. If you’ve always wanted to lose that last 20 pounds, tone up your body, or just be a healthier person, but you haven’t quite been able to get there on your own, a personal trainer can help keep you on track.
6. Staying in the know. Do you know exactly how each workout helps you? Or what areas you need to work on the most? Even if you don’t want personal training long-term, just spending a few months with a personal trainer can vastly improve your knowledge of exercise, giving you a very long-term gain for a short-term investment.
We offer a FREE introduction to personal training session . A trainer will meet with you for 30 minutes to discuss your goals and provide you with the right exercises to help you reach them. Limit one session per person and sessions are by appointment only. Please contact Chelsea Barron at Chelsea.Barron@unthsc.edu to schedule.
Half Hour Sessions
Full Hour Sessions
- Pricing is on a per person basis and clients may be assigned a training partner or placed in a group of up to 5 participants. Sessions expire 120 days after purchase. Packages must be paid for via cash or check.
- No-showing will result in loss of a session.
- Trainers have limited availability and may not be able to accommodate every desired training schedule.
To sign up or for more information contact:
Assistant Director, Health Promotion