Federal Perkins Loan (Ending October 1, 2016)
**Due to Department of Ed changes, in order to qualify for Perkins Loan you must have received a Perkins Loan Prior to October 1, 2015**
Formerly the National Direct Student Loan Program, the Perkins Loan allows students to borrow up to $8,000/year for graduate school. The Perkins Loan has one of the lowest interest rates and is awarded to students with exceptional financial need. The interest on the Perkins Loan is subsidized while the student is in school.
· Awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis to eligible students. Funding is limited.
· Must be enrolled at least half-time
· Must have exceptional need and have accepted full Stafford Loan funding offered for the current aid year
*Must have available eligibility within your cost of attendance (per federal regulations we cannot award you over your cost of attendance)
· Maximum eligibility is $8,000/year ($60,000 lifetime limit)
· 5% fixed interest rate
· No origination fee
· 10 year repayment beginning 9 months after student graduates or drops below half-time
To apply, please email email@example.com to review your eligibility.
This page was last modified on July 18, 2016