CAP is here to help! Our services are available for ALL UNTHSC students, whether you attend classes on campus or online!
To receive online CAP writing support services:
- Enter the Writing Submission Form
- You will be asked for your EUID & password. Enter UNTHSC\euid for username and your CANVAS password.
- Save your file with your Last Name_Title of Paper. For example, “Smith_Personal Statement”
- Please allow 4 business days to review the paper
- Up to 5 pages per paper will be reviewed. All papers should be typed, double-spaced with standard 1 inch margins. Please use a 12 point font.
- CAP online writing tutors will review a paper one time including personal statements. Please do not resubmit. Resubmissions will be returned without comments.
- Students may make subsequent in-person or phone appointments for additional feedback.
- A Guide to Using Writing Feedback
Individual, in-person appointments are available in the CAP main office (Student Service Center 2nd floor):
- 30-minute Appointments are available at the following times:
- Monday 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Wednesday 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Thursday 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Please visit GradesFirst or call 817-735-2531 to make an appointment with the CAP Graduate Writing Assistant.
- If the Graduate Writing Assistant does not have appointments booked, students are welcome to stop by for quick questions. Please call 817-735-5034 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm availability.
- Online students are welcome to schedule appointments by phone. Please schedule an appointment in GradesFirst, noting that you are requesting a meeting by phone, and include relevant contact information. These appointments are only available in the regular meeting times listed above.
- Scheduling an Appointment in Grades First
- If you need to cancel an appointment, please call 817-735-2531 or email email@example.com, as students do not have the ability to cancel within GradesFirst.
Types of writing support:
- CAP will provide feedback on writing samples submitted to our office via the Writing Submission Form.
- Students have access to APA styling guides as well as other writing tips through the Center for Academic Performance’s CANVAS page. These are found within the Writing & Presentation Support module.
- Write Well Workshop Series
- Drop-in Hours for Quick Questions about Writing
- Appointment based Writing Assistance
- CAP writing tutors will provide feedback on:
- Rhetorical Situation
- Content as it relates to the reader
- Purpose and Focus
- Diction & Syntax
- Grammar, Punctuation, and Spelling
Faculty and staff requests:
- The Graduate Writing Assistant is available to provide support to departments through the following services:
- In-class presentations on various writing topics
- Providing writing samples to classes that the Graduate Writing Assistant can use to identify points of improvement for students on individual and group basis
- Other support
- Contact Ben Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a presentation or other writing support.
Types of presentation support:
- Practice presentation for CAP staff
- Receive feedback on presentation skills
- Review power-point slides and handouts for ease of use by audience
- CAP does not provide editing services for UNTHSC students
- A list of outside editors is available upon request by sending an email to CAP@unthsc.edu
Great Article on Writing Dissertations: My Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Dissertation by Rachel Herrmann
This page was last modified on August 25, 2017