CAP is here to help! Our services are available for ALL UNTHSC students, whether you attend classes on campus or online!
To receive CAP writing support services:
- Enter the Writing Submission Form
- You will be asked for your EUID & password. Enter UNTHSC\euid for username and your CANVAS password.
- Please allow 3 business days to review the paper
- Up to 5 pages per paper will be reviewed
- One personal statement per student will be reviewed. This includes optional essays.
- CAP writing tutors will review a paper one time. Please do not resubmit.
- A Guide to Using Writing Feedback
Individual appointments are available in the CAP main office (CEE-EAD 260):
- 30-minute Appointments are available:
- Monday 2:30 pm – 5 pm
- Wednesday and Friday 8 am – 12 pm and 1 pm – 5 pm
- Online students are welcome to schedule appointments by phone or via Skype if you are unable to make it in person.
- Please call 817-735-2531 to make an appointment with the CAP Graduate Writing Assistant or visit GradesFirst.
Types of writing support:
- CAP will provide feedback on writing samples submitted to our office via the Writing Submission Form.
- Writing Well Workshop Series
- Drop-in Hours for Quick Questions about Writing
- Appointment based Writing Assistance
- CAP writing tutors will provide feedback on:
- Rhetorical Situation
- Content as it relates to the reader
- Purpose and Focus
- Diction & Syntax
- Grammar, Punctuation, and Spelling
Types of presentation support:
- Practice presentation for CAP staff
- Receive feedback on presentation skills
- Review power-point slides and handouts for ease of use by audience
- CAP does not provide editing services for UNTHSC students
- A list of outside editors is available upon request by sending an email to CAP@unthsc.edu
Great Article on Writing Dissertations: My Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Dissertation by Rachel Herrmann