Using Portfolium for Microcredentials
Microcredentials at HSC
Microcredentials at HSC verify, validate and attest that specific skills and/or competencies have been achieved and are endorsed by the institution as a whole, having been developed through rigorous processes and designed to be meaningful and high quality. They differ from traditional degrees and certificates in that they are generally offered in shorter or more flexible timespans and tend to be more narrowly focused.
HSC offers access to Portfolium, an academic portfolio network, to:
- Showcase your education and work accomplishments
- Connect with other professionals
- Organize and display previous educational and professional content
- Manage HSC microcredentialing
Why should I activate my Portfolium account?
- Activating your Portfolium account is required in order to earn any microcredentials in the course of your studies at the HSC.
- Your Portfolium account will allow you to create an online public facing ePortfolio of your most important, professional, and marketable work. This ePortfolio can be shared with prospective employers on your resume, your LinkedIn profile, or anywhere else you care to share it.
- Rather than mentioning in a bullet point on your resume that you have a skill, with Portfolium you will be able to point to specific projects and microcredentials that demonstrate your HSC-verified competency with that skill.
- Your Portfolium account is free for life as part of HSC’s agreement with Portfolium.
- What is Portfolium?
- How do I log in to Portfolium network?
- How do I sign up for a Portfolium account?
- Guide to Portfolium
This page was last modified on August 14, 2020