The Cashier Office serves University of North Texas Health Science Center (UNTHSC) departments and students with cashiering business needs such as student fee payments, disburse scholarship and alternative loan checks, processes department deposits, ordering funds for research, clinic deposits and clinic change requests.
Location and Hours:
1051 Haskell St., SSC Suite 101, 1st Floor. Fort Worth, Texas 76107
Monday thru Friday 8:15 am – 4:30 pm
Mailing Address: 3500 Camp Bowie Blvd. Fort Worth, Texas 76107
- Tuition payments can be made by cash or check only. Credit/Debit card payments are accepted online. Please note a fee of 2.7% will be charged.
- Assurance deposits
- Once the student receives a letter from the school with the Admissions Decision & Deposit form , it must be mailed to the Cashier’s Office with payment ( check ONLY) and it will be deposited to the students account
- Departments – use the official UNTHSC deposit slip
- fill out all pertinent information complete with two signatures then take to Cashier’s office for deposit.
- For Audit purpose all departments need a deposit stamp so they can have all checks stamped (For Deposit Only) before bringing to Cashier Office.
- It is mandatory for anyone who handles cash of checks to take the Cash Handling Course. It can be found in your employee learning portal.
- Clinic Deposits
- Clinic staff member will fill out deposit spreadsheet with all pertinent information
- The sealed deposit bag will be deposited in the nightly deposit bag with the Cashier deposit.
- Change of Concentration (COC) deposits can be made by cash or check using the UNTHSC deposit slip
Departments and Clinics requesting change:
- Email the Cashier at email@example.com Coin and Currency Order Form for ordering change.
- Please be sure to list all the denominations needed.
- Keep in mind that 24 hour advance notice is required to insure the appropriate funds are available.
Simulated patient fund request:
- Submit requisition to the BSC
- Email Cashier at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include PO number
- Denominations needed
- Pickup date
- Send email requesting funds at least three business days in advance and at least ten business days in advance for requests $10,000.00 and over to insure the appropriate funds are ready for pickup when needed.
- Financial Aid is disbursed approximately 10 days prior to the beginning of classes. Refunds will be processed the day after disbursement and then on Tuesdays and Thursdays throughout the rest of the term. For more information please see the Refund Policy page.
There is an ATM located on campus in the Research and Education building (RES) on the first floor.
The Cashier’s Office does not cash personal checks in accordance with the following Fiscal Procedure: “Checks are only accepted for the payment of goods and services. Under no circumstances may disbursements be made to cash personal checks for employees or students.
All checks received must be in U.S. currency and made payable to UNTHSC. Any check, bank draft, money order, traveler check, cashier check or credit/debit transaction returned to UNTHSC unpaid, due to no fault of the bank or UNTHSC is subject to a $25 returned item charge.”
Cashier’s office no longer gives out change for personal use.
Phone: (817) 735-2026
Fax : (817) 735-0677
Main email: StudentFin@unthsc.edu
This page was last modified on February 10, 2020