UNT Health Science Center is on a coaching journey. With the foundation of our values-based coaching culture, we will use coaching a powerful tool that helps people grow and develop their potential in a values-based culture.
We designed the UNTHSC coaching program to partner competent and credible coaches with individuals, teams and groups to help them identify, and achieve challenging goals aligned with the UNTHSC SEE_2020 Roadmap and unit initiatives.We use the International Coach Federation (ICF) guidelines to help develop competent and credible coaches throughout the UNTHSC.
Coaching assists all of our employees with having meaningful, individualized, and future-focused goal-driven discussions to impact performance, increase engagement, and improve retention. We encourage every supervisor to meet with their team members (faculty and staff) for formal coaching at least three times per year. The formal coaching plan assists with these developmental conversations.
Coaching gives each faculty and staff member the following:
- A coach to encourage individual development
- A coach to talk about progress at least every four months
- A connection to the mission, vision and purpose of the institution
- Opportunities to do your best work
Coaching assists with employee engagement
- Majority of U.S. Employees not Engaged Despite gains in 2014
- Going Through the Motions? The 2015 Survey of Faculty Workplace Engagement
Source: Gallup, Inc.
Questions? Email the Office of Strategy and Performance at OSP@unthsc.edu.
Through the Power of Our Values, we can make a difference in lives of our People with coaching.
This page was last modified on April 4, 2019