Family and Child Health
Our family and children’s research aims to improve the overall well-being and health of families, including birthing parents, caregivers, children and adolescents. We aim to take a life course approach to assess the social and economic determinants of health that contribute to health outcomes.
- Vamos, C.A., Richardson Cayama, M., Mahony, H., Griner, S.B., Quinonez, R.B., Boggess, K., Beckstead, J., & Daley, E.M. (2023). Oral health during pregnancy: An analysis of interprofessional guideline awareness and practice behaviors among prenatal and oral health providers. BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth. doi.org/10.1186/s12884-023-06032-3
- Vamos, C.A., Griner, S.B., Daley, E.M., Cayama, M.R., Beckstead, J., Boggess, K., Quinonez, R.B., & Damschroder, L. (2022). Prenatal oral health guidelines: A theory- and practice-informed approach to survey development using a modified Delphi technique and cognitive interviews. Implementation Science Communications, 3(126). doi.org/10.1186/s43058-022-00363-6
- Cox CF, Messiah SE,Knell G. Learning Modality and Quality of Life Among US School-Age Children During the Coronavirus Pandemic. Journal of School Health. 93 (6), 441-449 , 2023.
- Knell G, Durand CP, Kohl III HW, Wu IHC, Pettee Gabriel K. Prevalence and likelihood of meeting sleep, physical activity, and screen-time guidelines among US youth. JAMA Pediatr. 2019 Apr 1;173(4):387-389. doi: 10.1001/jamapediatrics.2018.4847. PubMed PMID: 30715096; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC6450269
- †Knell G, †Berninger N, Gabriel K, Plasqui G, Crutzen R, Ten Hoor G. Bidirectional day-to-day associations of reported sleep duration with accelerometer measured physical activity and sedentary time among Dutch adolescents: an observational study. J Measure Physical Behaviour. 2020 October; 1(aop):1-11. doi: https://doi.org/10.1123/jmpb.2020-0010
- Galvin, A.M., Garg, A., Griner, S.B., Diener, A. K., & Thompson, E.L. (2022). “The chances are zero”: Contraception-related factors on perceived susceptibility to pregnancy among women experiencing homelessness. Sexual Health. org/10.1071/SH21241
- Galvin, A.M.,* Garg, A.,* Griner, S.B., Diener, A.K.,* & Thompson, E.L. (2022). “The chances are zero”: Contraception-related factors on perceived susceptibility to pregnancy among women experiencing homelessness. Sexual Health, [Epub ahead of proint]. doi: 10.1071/SH21241
- Thompson, E.L., Griner, S.B., Galvin, A.M., Lowery, A.D., & Lewis, M.A. (2021). Correlates of STI testing among U.S. young adults: Opportunities for prevention. Prevention Science, 22(2), 216-226. org/10.1007/s11121-020-01179-3
- Thompson, E.L., Zhou, Z., Garg, A.,* Rohr, D., Ajoku, B.,* & Spence, E.E. (2021). Evaluation of a school-based child physical and sexual abuse prevention program. Health Education and Behavior, [Epub ahead of print]. doi: 10.1177/1090198120988252.
- Thompson, E.L., Galvin, A.M.,* Rohr, D., Klocek, C.,** Lowe, H.,** & Spence, E.E. (2020). Navigating the system for families experiencing homelessness. Journal of Children and Poverty, 26(2):253-267. doi: 10.1080/10796126.2020.1835131
- Vamos, C.A., Puccio, J., Griner, S.B., Logan, R., Piepenbrink, R., Richardson, M., Lovett, S., Mahony, H., & Daley, E. (2022). Health literacy needs and preferences for a technology-based intervention to improve college students’ sexual and reproductive health. Journal of American College Health. org/10.1080/07448481.2022.2040517