- Full-time. Students take 9 hours each semester. The program carries a heavy research and publication expectation as well as professional development hours. Therefore, employment outside the university is prohibited during classes.
- On-campus. UNTHSC is located in Fort Worth, Texas. A vibrant location within the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex. Take advantage of our excellent city centers and low cost of living.
- 3-5 Years. Students are expected to complete the program in 3 to 5 years depending on their standing upon entrance. Students with completed MS degrees aligning with PhD concentrations will have the quickest path to completion, MPH students will have some additional Master’s level work to complete and students entering following a Bachelor’s degree will require 5 years to complete the program.
- Fall entrance. New students begin the program each Fall semester. There are no Spring or Summer start options.
- Small PhD cohort. Current admission trends indicate a small admitted class of just 2 – 4 students in each discipline, allowing for an intense and personalized experience.
This page was last modified on January 26, 2018