Program Design – MPH Online
- Full-time or part-time. Choose the pace that’s right for you. Students balancing work, family and enrollment are encouraged to take 1 course each 8 week accelerated session. Students with no additional commitments may complete 2 courses each 8 week session. Part-time students complete the program in 3 years and Full-time students in about 2 years.
- 5 Starts a Year. Online classes take place in 5 sessions of 8 weeks each year. New students are eligible to join the program any of those 5 sessions.
- Coursework can be completed at any time of day. Work is divided by week and students must keep in pace with the weekly schedule. Class activity – content review, discussion boards and written assignments – often require going online to participate in the class multiple times each week. We recommend students be prepared to spend 12-15 hours a week on each course due to the accelerated pace.
- Make changes to your progress as needed. Our online program allows students to easily stop out for a term or two should work or life changes make it necessary.
- Practicum experience is arranged by students and advised by graduate faculty. Students local to the Fort Worth and DFW area may take advantage of UNTHSC relationships in the local community. Students in other locations will be coached on how to connect with potential practicum sites, to develop their project goals and to gain the most from their practicum experience. Practicum experiences often last 6 months to 1 year and include about 600 hours from conception to completion. Students who have substantial prior professional experience that aligns with MPH competencies may apply for a waiver of up to 300 of these hours.
- Campus resources are available to you from Financial Aid to the Library, even Career Services to our Academic Services office. You are always welcome, but never have to come to our physical location.
- On Campus. Online students may elect to participate in on campus classes. Classes are delivered between 9am and 6pm, in 3 hour meetings, once a week. View our current course schedule to determine if on-campus meetings will fit your schedule.
This page was last modified on June 28, 2018