Published: March 16, 2021
This year, HSC’s Master of Health Administration (MHA) faculty and the program’s new Executives in Residence, consisting of local and national experts in the field, are leading a record number of educational sessions at the virtual 2021 Congress on Healthcare Leadership presented by the American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE) March 22-25.
The Congress on Healthcare Leadership is an annual event that draws thousands of healthcare leaders and students from across the nation. HSC’s MHA program is extremely well represented this year, with several sessions being facilitated by both MHA faculty and the program’s Executives in Residence.
The Executives in Residence program was launched in 2020 to expose MHA students to authors, thought leaders and top executives in the field. Four of those executives are featured in this year’s Congress Sessions, and MHA Program Director and member of the ACHE Council of Regents, Dr. Stephan Davis, will also co-facilitate an educational session on LGBTQ+ inclusion with Executive in Residence Dr. Ken White. Dr. White is an ACHE Gold Medal Awardee for his work in healthcare leadership.
All graduating HSC MHA students, and many first-year students, are attending the virtual event.
HSC MHA Executives in Residence and faculty leading sessions include:
- “Yes, You Need a Coach” on March 22 – co-facilitated by Executive in Residence Dr. Michael Frisina, with an in-depth look at the benefits of a successful coaching relationship for rising executive professionals.
- “Best Practices in LGBTQ+ Inclusion: Lessons Learned from Leaders in Healthcare Equality” on March 23 – facilitated by Dr. Stephan Davis and Dr. Ken White.
- “Moving Beyond 2020: Activating the Connection Between Health Equity and C-Suite Diversity” on March 24 – with HSC MHA Executives in Residence Dr. Cie Armstead and Monica Vargas-Mahar joining other co-facilitators on this important topic.
- AUPHA/ACHE Academic and Practitioner Workshop Panel on Inclusive Excellence on March 24 – with HSC’s Dr. Stephan Davis joining other panelists to discuss efforts for achieving inclusive excellence, especially as it relates to the intersection of healthcare and higher education.
- “We are Better Together, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Networking Session” on March 25 – facilitated by Dr. Stephan Davis.