The health science center recognizes that some students may wish to be admitted to the School of Public Health for the purpose of taking courses not necessarily leading to an advanced degree. Admission to the School of Public Health may be granted, subject to the following provisions.
Non-degree seeking applicants should be aware of the following:
The student in this status is required to receive credit in all graduate courses taken, and must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better.
A student who is admitted to non-degree status has no assurance that work completed under this status will be applicable toward degree requirements should he or she subsequently be admitted to a degree program at the health science center. A maximum of 12 semester hours may be taken.
Completion of departmental graduate courses by non-degree students does not obligate the School of Public Health to grant admission to a degree program at a later date, unless all general and specific requirements for admission to that program have been met.
International applicants requiring or holding F-1 visa status are not eligible for non-degree admission.
• Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from a recognized institution
• Official Transcripts from all colleges & universities attended
• Complete Application
• $50 Application Fee
• Create an account and apply via SOPHAS Express. This process will include personal information and academic history.
• Upload your Resume and Unofficial Transcripts.
• Pay the application fee via SOPHAS Express.
Admitted students will be required to submit official transcripts to UNTHSC prior to enrolling in classes.
Non degree status does not qualify for Federal Financial Aid programs.