Graduate Certificate in Healthcare Management
UNTHSC TCOM students can now add healthcare management skills through a flexible and convenient online graduate certificate.
The certificate consists of 15-credit hours of the five core healthcare management concept courses that are required of all MHA graduates.
Upon completion of the Certificate, students earning a grade of B or better in each course who are admitted to the MHA program may apply all fifteen credit hours to their degree.
Courses are offered 100% online in 8-week sessions. Students typically take up to 2 courses per semester.
The certificate is comprised of five courses (3 credits each):
- HMAP 5302 Health Data Management and Analytics (offered Spring I of 2021)
- HMAP 5306 Health Finance I (offered Spring II of 2021)
- HMAP 5314 Health Insurance and Managed Care
- HMAP 5322 Population Health Analytics
- HMAP 5328 Organizational Leadership (offered each Fall I and Spring I)