All students must have completed PHED 5197, have completed 21 SCH including core courses, and have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 to enroll in the practice experience.
1) Student meets with the Coordinator of Academic Services-Lauren Booe.
- Coordinator verifies eligibility
- Discusses type of practice experience desired
- Reviews resume, CV, and/or cover letter
- Review Professional Conduct handout and sign the Professional Conduct form
2) Once student is ready to begin the search, the Coordinator will send the information regarding the student to the Liaison.
3) Liaison will provide student will various opportunities and contact information for potential sites. No information provided to you by the Liaison is to be shared with any other students. To do so, would be a violation of the Student Code of Conduct and will be handled accordingly.
4) Student is responsible for setting up and attending interviews with potential sites.
5) Once the student has been given an offer, the student takes the offer to the advisor for review.
6) Advisor reviews the site and supervisor to ensure that the student’s experience will meet the competencies outlined for the Public Health Practice Experience.
7) If the site and supervisor are acceptable, the advisor sends approval to the Coordinator and the student accepts the offer.
8) Once the offer has been accepted, the student will contact the Coordinator to obtain the Project Agreement.
9) The student will send the completed and approved Project Agreement to the Coordinator.
10) Lauren Booe will provide student with the permission number to register, access to Canvas course, and any follow- up paperwork that the site may require.
This page was last modified on May 5, 2016