All students must have completed PHED 5197, have completed 21 SCH including core courses, and have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 to enroll in the practice experience.
1) Students who wish to be placed for the spring 2017 semester will need to attend the Practice Experience meeting on September 28th from 2-3. Online only students will need to email Dr. Oden at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) Liaison will provide student will various opportunities and contact information for potential sites. No information provided to you by the Liaison is to be shared with any other students. To do so, would be a violation of the Student Code of Conduct and will be handled accordingly.
3) Student is responsible for setting up and attending interviews with potential sites.
4) Once the student has been given an offer, the student takes the offer to the advisor for review.
5) Advisor reviews the site and supervisor to ensure that the student’s experience will meet the competencies outlined for the Public Health Practice Experience.
6) If the site and supervisor are acceptable, the advisor sends approval to Dr. Melissa Oden and the student accepts the offer.
7) Once the offer has been accepted, the student will contact the Dr. Melissa Oden to obtain the Project Agreement.
8) The student will send the completed and approved Project Agreement to the Dr. Oden.
9) Dr. Melissa Oden will provide student with the permission number to register.
10). Dr. Misty Smethers will then grant the students access to Canvas course and work with the student with any follow- up paperwork that the site may require.
This page was last modified on August 25, 2016