Biostatistics and Epidemiology Consulting and Collaboration Services (BECCS)
The Biostatistics and Epidemiology Consulting and Collaboration Services (BECCS), housed in the Department of Biostatistics and Epidemiology, provides statistical consulting services and trainings to researchers and practitioners through full collaboration with the Department faculty, staff, and graduate students. The Department has 15 fulltime faculty members with a wealth of experience in academic research, public health practice, and professional consultation. Our ultimate goal is to contribute to the University’s research and educational mission through a fruitful partnership with colleagues within and outside UNTHSC. Our services include, but are not limited to, support for study design, statistical planning, data management, statistical analysis, statistical reporting, as well as training sessions/courses in biostatistics and epidemiology.
Types of services
- Initial consultation visit/call – Usually free of charge, the first meeting is used to ascertain the scope, needs, and/or deliverable(s) of the project.
- One-time and short-term services – For those who already have data collected and are looking for assistance with data management, data analysis, interpretation of results, or writing and reporting of the findings including preparing abstracts and manuscripts for publication.
- Long-term services – For those who need assistance throughout the duration of the research project.
- Grant proposal preparation – For those preparing grant applications.
- Tailored educational and training services – For those needing courses, seminars, workshops, or trainings on statistical analysis, using statistical software, study design, etc.
This page was last modified on November 16, 2018