Admission Requirements – PhD
UNTHSC conducts holistic application reviews. A completed bachelor’s degree or its equivalent is required. A Master’s degree is preferred. A GPA minimum of 3.2 is required. Although a minimum GPA has been established, admission to the program is highly competitive.
- Create an account in SOPHAS online application portal.
Submit the following:
- Official transcripts. Transcripts from all schools attended. Even schools that didn’t ultimately award a degree, all are required.
- Official graduate test scores. GRE is recommended, institution code 6565. Other accepted tests include GMAT, MCAT, PCAT, LSAT and DAT. No GRE waivers are offered for PhD applicants; all applicants must submit valid test scores.
- 3 Letters of Recommendation. Ideal sources include academic professors, academic advisors and employment/internship supervisors.
- Personal Statement. Describe your interest in the field of study (degree and concentration) to which you are applying, your career goals, how the program will help you reach those goals and why you chose UNT Health Science Center School of Public Health for your graduate education.
- Current Resume or Curriculum Vitae. Your resume should reflect your full history including volunteer activities, clubs, research, conference presentations and relevant work experience.
- Writing Sample. Substantial research work or publication is recommended to submit for review.
PhD applications are reviewed primarily in the months of February and March. Reviews will continue until all seats are filled.
Applicants will be reviewed for best fit with concentrations and faculty mentors.
If invited for an interview, applicants are expected to participate in either an on-campus interview or a technology-assisted interview.
This page was last modified on November 13, 2017