UNTHSC conducts holistic application reviews. A completed bachelor’s degree or its equivalent is required. No minimum GPA or test score is required for consideration. No specific undergraduate courses are required for the School of Public Health Masters programs.
- Create an account in SOPHAS online application portal.
Submit the following:
- Official transcripts. Transcripts from all schools attended. Even schools that didn’t ultimately award a degree, all are required.
- Official graduate test scores. GRE is recommended, institution code 6565. Other accepted tests include GMAT, MCAT, PCAT, LSAT and DAT.
- 3 Letters of Recommendation. Ideal sources include academic professors, academic advisors and employment/internship supervisors.
- Personal Statement. Describe your interest in the field of study (degree and concentration) to which you are applying, your career goals, how the program will help you reach those goals and why you chose the UNT Health Science Center School of Public Health for your graduate education.
- Current Resume or Curriculum Vitae. Your resume should reflect your full history including volunteer activities, clubs, research, conference presentations and relevant work experience.
On submission of your SOPHAS application there is between 4 – 8 weeks before you can anticipate a response to your application. In that time all requested items must reach SOPHAS, including recommendations and official transcripts/test scores.
On final completion, SOPHAS will conduct an initial evaluation of the degree and transcript records.
Once verified, application materials will be sent on to UNTHSC. You will receive an automated email when your application reaches our system.
UNTHSC Admissions will then process and review the application before presenting it to our Faculty Admission Committee. We appreciate your patience as your application works through this process.
This page was last modified on May 4, 2018