About Our Program
Creating solutions for a healthier community by producing highly qualified entry-level doctors of physical therapy, and leading in education, professional services, and research activities.
- A well-rounded education in all aspects of contemporary physical therapy.
- The curriculum includes a course in Rural Health and underserved populations and has opportunities for clinical internships in rural areas.
- Learning in a research-intensive health science center environment.
- A low student-faculty ratio that ensures close contact with and continuous mentoring by physical therapy faculty.
- Interdisciplinary education experiences with students in medical school and physician assistant programs at the health science center.
You will have opportunities to learn at various clinical sites across the DFW area and the nation, including opportunities to experience Physical Therapy in other countries, such as Italy and Malawi.
The Department of Physical Therapy is the second academic department in the new School of Health Professions, joining the Department of Physician Assistant Studies. Both programs prepare students for exciting and satisfying careers that are among the nation’s top health professions. Additional health professions programs will be proposed in future years.
This page was last modified on January 3, 2020