About Our Program
Creating solutions for a healthier community by producing highly qualified entry-level doctors of physical therapy, and leading in education, professional services, and research activities.
- A well-rounded education in all aspects of contemporary physical therapy.
- The curriculum includes a course in Rural Health and underserved populations and has opportunities for clinical internships in rural areas.
- Learning in a research-intensive health science center environment.
- A low student-faculty ratio that ensures close contact with and continuous mentoring by physical therapy faculty.
- Interdisciplinary education experiences with students in medical school and physician assistant programs at the health science center.
What is the licensure pass rate for UNTHSC physical therapy graduates?
- The ultimate pass rate for the graduating classes of 2014, 2015 and 2016 is 100%.
- The ultimate pass rate for the graduating class of 2017 is currently pending at 97.5%.
- The class of 2016 had a first-time pass rate of 95%, The first time pass rate for the graduating class of 2017 was 90%.
- The first time pass rate for the class of 2018 is 89%, with an ultimate pass rate to be determined.
What is the employment rate for UNTHSC physical therapy graduates?
- 100% of our graduates are employed within at least twelve months of graduation for those eligible and choosing to be employed.
You will have opportunities to learn at various clinical sites across the DFW area and the nation, including opportunities to experience Physical Therapy in other countries.
The Department of Physical Therapy is the second academic department in the new School of Health Professions, joining the Department of Physician Assistant Studies. Both programs prepare students for exciting and satisfying careers that are among the nation’s top health professions. Additional health professions programs will be proposed in future years.
This page was last modified on January 16, 2019