Prepare for Holiday Travel
Traveling over Winter Break? Be Prepared
The National Safety Council reports that in 2018, vehicle accidents resulted in 304 deaths on New Year’s Day, 385 on Thanksgiving Day, and 380 on Christmas Day. Follow the safety tips below and click on each link for tools and information to plan for safe holiday travel.
- Winterize your vehicle and know what to do if a vehicle breaks down.
- Keep a vehicle emergency preparedness kit with you.
- Be WeatherReady before and during travel.
- Plan for heavy traffic and check road conditions.
- Detect and prevent drowsy driving.
- Buckle up properly and follow safety seat guidelines.
- Never drive distracted. Put the phone away. Focus on the road.
This page was last modified on December 20, 2019