The Texas Center for Health Disparities Community Outreach Core serves as a mechanism to bring together the Health Science Center’s expertise with community-based resources in a coordinated framework, and maximize this potential in new and innovative ways to build capacity to reduce health disparities in the region.
- Core Director: Emily Spence-Almaguer, MSW, PhD, Associate Professor of Behavioral and Community Health
- Project Manager: Katie Cantu, MPH, CPH, CHES
- Community Advisory Board: Key community leaders in the Dallas/Fort Worth area including public health departments, community-based organizations and service organizations
- Obesity Outreach and Prevention Initiative: The purpose of this initiative is to strengthen the efforts of the Greater Dallas Area Coalition to Prevent Childhood Obesity by building community capacity to reduce and prevent obesity among underserved Dallas County women.
- Breast Cancer Outreach and Prevention Initiative: The purpose of this initiative is to create a Tarrant County Cancer Disparities Coalition, with technical assistance from the Dallas Cancer Disparities Coalition, with a focus on building community capacity to reduce cancer health disparities.
For more information, contact Katie Cantu at Katherine.Cantu@unthsc.edu.
This page was last modified on August 24, 2016