UNTHSC Pre-Clinical Services currently offers the following procedures and tests. Additional procedures can be developed and validated to meet the individual requirements of our Sponsors.
Pharmacokinetics (IV, IP, SC, IM, PO)
- Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Hamster and Dog
- Single and/or multiple-dose studies.
- Dose escalation pharmacokinetics.
- Calculation of pharmacokinetic parameters.
Rat Disposition Studies
- Levels of parent and/or metabolites in plasma, bile, urine, feces.
- Maximum Tolerated Dose (MTD)
- Tolerability following IV, IP, SC, IM or PO administration.
- Species: mouse and rat.
- Repeat Dose Tolerability
Bioanalytical / Analytical
- Plasma, Urine, Bile or Tissue Level Analysis
- Analysis of biological fluids and tissues using LCMS or HPLC techniques.
- Compound Stability
- Stability of test compound in plasma, serum, microsomes (multiple species) and chemical (pH, other)
- Aerosol exposure and efficacy