Successful completion of the RCOI Conflict of Interest Training is required once every four years, and when:
- A new Investigator moves to the university
- The university finds that an Investigator is not compliant
- The university revises its RCOI policies or procedures in ways that affect Investigator compliance
Training must be completed prior to submitting a Disclosure Statement.
If you need a copy of your RCOI Training Certificate indicating successful completion of the RCOI Training, please click here. Your User name is your EUID.Who needs to complete an Annual Disclosure Statement?
Anyone engaged in research at UNTHSC including, but not limited to, administrators, faculty, staff, post-doctoral fellows, students, interns, residents, collaborators, subcontractors or consultants whose institutional responsibilities include the design, conduct, or reporting of research, funded or proposed for funding.Federal regulations require the submission of an Annual Research Conflict of Interest (RCOI) Disclosure Statement. During the month of September, you have the opportunity to complete and submit your required Annual Disclosure Statement. Access to the required form is available at https://apps.unthsc.edu/rcoi. You will need to log in with your EUID (Ex: abc1234) and your network password. If you have forgotten your EUID and/or password, click here. Detailed instructions for completing and submitting the required Annual Disclosure Statement can be found here.
In addition, Investigators are required to submit an amended Disclosure Statement within 30 days of discovering or acquiring a new Significant Financial Interest or other potential conflict of interest. All forms are submitted through the Research Conflict of Interest Disclosure site at https://apps.unthsc.edu/rcoi . The Research Conflict of Interest Policy is intended to maintain the professional autonomy of scientists and physicians inherent in the self-regulation of science.Links:
- UNTHSC Research Conflict of Interest Policy
- RCOI Standard Operating Procedures
- UNTHSC Annual Disclosure Statement Site
- UNTHSC Research Conflict of Interest Management Plan Documents Packet
- UNTHSC Research Conflict of Interest Committee
- NIH Financial Conflict of Interest
- Recognizing and Managing Personal Financial Conflicts of Interest
Contact Susan Harlin
This page was last modified on January 9, 2018