- The discovery and development of novel estrogen-based neuroprotectants for the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease and other age-related disorders
- Assessment of 17 alpha-estradiol for longevity and vigor during aging
- Assessment of the uses of methylene blue for treatment of a variety of neurodegenerative diseases
- The assessment of dietary intervention on stroke, Alzheimer’s disease and other neurodegenerative conditions
Core translational Laboratories
- Drug Synthesis Core- a collaboration between the UNT Health Center and the Washington University to synthesize and pre-clinically assess novel drugs for effectiveness in Alzheimer’s disease.
- Mitochondrial Functional Assessment Core-a multiple capacity core for the assessment of the effectiveness of drugs in improving mitochondrial function.
- Animal Behavioral Assessment Core- an animal core that assesses the effects of aging and Alzheimer’s disease on cognition-related behaviors and evaluated the intervention by diets and drugs.
- Alzheimer’s Disease Brain Bank-a facility that solicits, collects, evaluates and stores brains from Alzheimer’s disease persons and cognitively normal controls for distribution to researchers.
This page was last modified on March 11, 2015