The Office of Clinical Trials at the University of North Texas Health Science Center (UNTHSC) reports to the Dean of the Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine (TCOM) and is an administrative department that oversees activities related to the conduct of industry sponsored clinical drug and device trials.
The major goals for the Office of Clinical Trials are:
- Support faculty members involved in clinical trials research by providing a variety of administrative and clinical infrastructure support services.
- Develop a financial framework that supports the work of the organization and maximizes support to the clinical investigators.
- Frame the policy and operating issues surrounding clinical trials.
- Work in collaboration with the Office for the Protection of Human Subjects to assure smooth and compliant functioning of trials.
- Work in collaboration with the IRB and other offices to establish educational programs and support to clinical faculty members and chairs responsible for undertaking clinical trials.
- Look for and promote additional opportunities to develop related research and business activities to promote the success of the University of North Texas Health Science Center and its faculty.