Upcoming IACUC Conferences
Update to the PHS Policy on Humane Care and Use of Laboratory Animals
The PHS Policy on Humane Care and Use of Laboratory Animals has been updated. The 2015 revision reflects the following changes:
- adoption of the 8th Edition of the Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals;
- implementation of the 2013 Edition of the AVMA Guidelines for the Euthanasia of Animals;
- modification to footnotes 2, 7, 9, 11, and 13 requiring that PHS-Assured institutions comply with USDA regulations that are applicable to their programs;
- change in OLAW contact information; and
- minor grammatical corrections.
Learn more at NOT-OD-15-079.
Grant and Contract Submission Requirements Regarding the AVMA
Guidelines for the Euthanasia of Animals: 2013 Edition
Grant and Contract Submission Requirements Regarding the AVMA Guidelines for the Euthanasia of Animals: 2013 Edition has been published in the NIH Guide for Grants and Contracts on August 7, 2013, NOT-OD-13-098. After September 1, 2013, the Vertebrate Animal Section (VAS) of grants and contracts must be consistent with the 2013 Guidelines. In their submission to NIH, grant applicants and contract offerors are required to describe any method of euthanasia to be used and the reasons for its selection and to state whether the method proposed is consistent with the 2013 AVMA Guidelines. If the proposed method is not consistent with the AVMA Guidelines, a scientific justification must be included in the VAS.
This page was last modified on May 5, 2015