I’m pleased to share we are making significant progress in our quest for outstanding Deans to lead GSBS, SHP, TCOM and the SCP.
Following are updates on the individual searches:
School of Health Professions (SHP)
- The Search Committee reviewed 29 applications and conducted Skype interviews with the top five candidates.
- We have narrowed the search to three final candidates and have scheduled campus visits on the following dates so please mark your calendar:
- November 12-13
- November 19-20
- November 29-30
- We remain on track to announce a new Dean for the SHP in December.
Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences (GSBS)
- We completed on-campus interviews with our top four candidates earlier this week.
- We remain on track to announce a new Dean for the GSBS in December.
Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine (TCOM)
- The Search Committee will begin reviewing applications provided via the outside search firm in early November.
- Skype interviews with top candidates should take place in early December with on-site interviews taking place in mid-January (after the Holidays.)
System College of Pharmacy (SCP)
- The Search Committee has actively engaged staff and faculty to create an “ideal candidate” profile.
- Recruiting ads have been created and posted nationally.
- The Search Committee will begin reviewing applications in early December.
- Skype interviews with top candidates will be scheduled in January.
If you have questions regarding any of the Deans’ Searches, please do not hesitate to reach out to me via email at Provost@unthsc.edu.
All The Best,
Charles Taylor, PharmD
Provost and Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs