Welcome to the UNT Health Science Center
Applicants for police officer positions are required to complete a personal history statement in addition to the on-line application. Applicants for other positions within the department may also be required to complete a personal history statement during the selection process. If required at the time of application, your completed Personal History Statement must be returned (U.S. mail, email or in person) to the UNT Health Science Center Police Department located at 3600 Camp Bowie Blvd., Fort Worth, TX 76107-2699 within two weeks of submitting the on-line application.
All qualified applicants will be given consideration and notified by phone or email if they have been selected to participate in an oral interview board. The oral interview board will pertain to your background, personal history statement and job requirements. Based on these findings, the board will then consider your application further to determine whether you have been considered for a formal background investigation.
Upon favorable recommendation from the board, your application will be assigned to a background investigator. The investigator will conduct a thorough background investigation to verify your qualifying credentials, review any criminal record and verify personal references. All positions within the UNT Health Science Center Police Department have been designated security sensitive and require that all applicants satisfactorily pass a criminal history check.
Recruiting contact info:
Current Position openings:
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Must pass extensive background check
- Must pass a psychological exam
- Must pass a medical exam
- Uniforms, Firearm, boots, and all duty gear provided
- State provided health care for employees with no premium cost to employees
- Group rates for health care for employee family members
- 12-15 paid holidays per year
- Automatic retirement plan through Teacher’s Retirement System of Texas
- Longevity pay based on overall state service
- Fully-equipped gym on campus- $20.00/month for employees
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare expenses, child care and adult dependent care
- Tuition scholarships for employees, certain dependents and retirees
Download the TCOLE Personal History Statement and email to:
Captain Jeff Arrington:
Click here for a copy: Personal History Statement
This page was last modified on September 17, 2018