Card Key Pick-Up
The UNT Health Science Center Police Department assigns access to University ID badges (card keys) based
upon a department request for a student or employee. Every employee and student will receive a card key from the Access Control office, but it will not necessarily have access assigned to it. The following steps
must be followed in order for access to be granted to a card key:
- Fill out the Key/Card Key Authorization Request form to request access to buildings and rooms.
- Fill out the Access/ID Card Request form to request a University ID badge.
- Obtain the appropriate signatures from a department head or controlling department.
- Submit the form to the Access Control office at the Police Department via mail, intercampus mail, or in person.
- Once notified the for has been approved, access will be granted automatically. There will be no need to visit the Access Control office unless your card key has not yet been assigned.
Card Key Drop-Off
Once your affiliation with the University has ended, all assigned
card keys must be returned to the Access Control office. Many departments
require a Check Out form to be completed before exit from the University
is authorized, and often this will include a section for the Access
Control office to sign off on. If any card keys are not returned, this form
will not be signed. Regardless of whether a department requires a Check
Out form upon exit or termination from the University, all card keys must be
Card Key Access Problems
If your assigned card key is not working in an area where you are supposed to have access, please contact the Access Control office at (817) 735-5040 to make sure the correct access has been assigned to your card key. This includes problems encountered at doors, elevators, and garages. If you believe a card key reader to be malfunctioning, please let us know so the problem can be corrected.
This page was last modified on February 21, 2019