To monitor, repair and maintain utilities and equipment, such as Gas, Electric, Water, and Wastewater, HVAC, Life Safety Systems, Elevators, and Treated Water for equipment protection, to assure energy savings, and for research use.
To ensure that all equipment is maintained and repaired in a timely fashion to prolong the serviceable life and maintain the asset value. All utility meters will be read on a timely basis to accurately document and predict energy usage and to help eliminate waste. The Life Safety Systems will be tested and repaired per authorizing codes and will function appropriately when emergencies exist. The elevators will be inspected and repaired per authorizing codes to ensure safety of the riders and minimize down times. Water to be used in the Air Conditioning and Hot Water Systems will be monitored and tested on a daily basis to ensure adequate amounts of chemicals are present to protect the system. Water to be used in laboratories will be tested on a daily basis to ensure consistency in experiments.
To ensure safety and energy efficiency, space heaters are not allowed at desks or in offices. Space Heaters are a safety hazard. Fires can be ignited by paper, pant legs, dresses and wooden desks or overloaded electricla circuits can trip breakers when using space heaters.
A. Buildings attended 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Utilizing three 8 hour shifts, provide for a minimum of two operators to be on duty at all times.
- Working hours are 1st shift: 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.; 2nd shift: 3:00 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.: 3rd shift: 11:00 p.m. to 7:30 a.m.
B. Monitor Equipment
- Take Readings
- Test of Conditioned Water
- Meter Readings on gas, electric, and water usage
- Review alarm logs, temperature, humidity and pressure on the energy management computer.
- Monitor fire alarm system
C. Preventive Maintenance
- Equipment assigned to Operators and Mechanics
- Perform preventive maintenance.
- Operator or Mechanic repairs equipment
- Repair Control Systems
- Repair Mechanical Systems
E. Licenses, Inspections, Codes
- Boilers inspected to ensure code compliance
- Elevators tested and inspected to ensure code compliance.
- Life Safety Systems tested and inspected.
- Call extension 0465 for temperature problems.
G. Work Requests
- Requests are accepted within 15 minutes after submission. Acceptance may be longer if waiting for ETN’s, Diagrams and/or Panel Request Forms.
H. Work Priorities
- Emergencies, Life Safety, Research Protection, Equipment Protection.
- Calls from President or Vice President
- Work Orders.
This page was last modified on November 30, -0001