UNT Health Science Center’s mission is to create solutions for a healthier community (see our mission). The Office of Sustainability supports this commitment by encouraging our campus to adopt behaviors that are beneficial to our community and environment. Our mission is to plan, develop, implement, and assess sustainability efforts on campus that benefit our campus and community now and in the future. Our strategy for for carrying our sustainability at UNTHSC is achieved through education, implementation of environmental, social, and economic sustainable practices, and partnerships within and outside the campus community. The Office of Sustainability was established in 2012 and is part of Facilities Management. Click here to download the summary sheet.
- Operational efficiency (energy efficiency, water conservation, minimize waste, cost savings, etc.)
- Reduce the environmental impact of the campus
- Good stewards of public funds and natural resources
- Increase student and campus engagement in sustainability initiatives
- Campus and community collaboration
- Support UNTHSC’s larger mission and vision