Office of Sustainability
UNT Health Science Center is committed to creating solutions for a healthier community. The Office of Sustainability within Facilities Management supports that mission by encouraging our campus to adopt behaviors that are better for the health of our community and environment. Our purpose is to partner with various departments and persons on campus and in the community to implement sustainable practices on campus.
For over a decade, the campus has been implementing strategies to be good stewards of our resources. These initiatives include reducing energy usage, conserving water, and recycling to name a few. Learn what our campus is doing to be sustainable and get involved in the efforts!
- Enter the Upcycled/Repurposed Contest for a chance to win Amazon.com gift cards! As part of our Earth Day Event, we are hosting a photo contest and gallery of upcycled/repurposed items. Learn more and enter by clicking here.
- We added faster, more reliable charging stations to campus for electric vehicles to plug in. Click here for all the details.
- We have 3 solar charging station tables in the Library Courtyard. Each table features a three-port smart battery hub and can charge any USB device as fast as a wall outlet.
- Is your lab interested in getting awarded money? Join the Lab Efficiency Action Program (LEAP). See the brochure here, and contact us if you’d like more information.
- Campus Clean Air Action Day is on April 3rd, and we are hosting a lunch and learn in CBH 230 at noon. Get a FREE water bottle and take the pledge to do one thing to improve our air quality!
- Our Earth Day Event 2018 will be on Tuesday, April 17th from 11am to 1pm in the MET. There will be interactive booths and activities with giveaways and eco-friendly goodies. See all the details at unthsc.edu/earthday!
- Interested in riding public transportation to campus? Learn more about your options by clicking here.
- Sustainability Pledge pick-up times for your FREE water bottle!
This page was last modified on June 1, 2018