Public Health Week to include wellness fair, health forum
The UNTHSC School of Public Health and the Public Health Student Association (PHSA) will host Public Health Week April 5 – April 11. This year’s theme is "A Healthier America: One Community at a Time."
Monday, April 5
- PHSA officers will provide presentations on "What is Public Health" to local high school students.
Tuesday, April 6
- A Health and Wellness Fair at Alumni Plaza will be held from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- A PHSA meeting with speeches by officers will begin at 4 p.m. in Everett Hall.
- Guest speakers at the meeting will include Epifanio Elizondo, PhD, PA-C, rear admiral, U.S. Public Health Service, assistant surgeon general and regional health administrator.
Wednesday, April 7
- A public health-related movie will be shown in Alumni Plaza from 8:15 p.m. to 10 p.m. In case of rain, the movie will be shown in Luibel Hall.
Thursday, April 8
- A North Texas Health Forum "Conversation with the Keynote Speaker" will take place in Beyer Hall (RES 114) at 2:30 p.m.
- A keynote address by Audra D. Robertson, MD, MPH, will begin at 6 p.m. at the Fort Worth Community Arts Center, followed by a buffet reception.
Friday, April 9
- The North Texas Health Forum will be from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Forth Worth Community Arts Center, 1300 Gendy St.
- A cookout will take place at the Kimball Art Museum Field from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Games will include soccer, Frisbee, jump rope and flag football.
Saturday, April 10
- An African-American Health Expo will be held from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at O.D. Wyatt High School, 2400 E. Seminary Drive.