Ninth annual DO Dash set for Oct. 9
The ninth annual DO Dash 5k and one-mile fun will be held Oct. 9 at the UNT Health Science Center. The one-mile kids’ race starts at 8 a.m. at the corner of Clifton and 7th Street and the 5k will begin at 8:30 a.m.
This year’s event, organized by the TCOM Class of 2013, benefits the Alliance for Children. The Mission of Alliance for Children is to protect Tarrant County children from child abuse through teamed investigations, healing services and community education.
Everyone is encouraged to pre-register online at http://www.do-dash.org/. The 5k registration fee is $15 in advance (by Monday, Oct. 4) or $20 on race day and the one-mile kids’ run is $10 in advance or $15 on race day.
Participants may pick up their race packets Friday, Oct. 8 at Fort Worth Running Company from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Check-in will begin at 7:15 a.m. the day of the race.
DO Dash highlights:
- U.S.A. Track-and-Field-certified course through Fort Worth’s Monticello neighborhood
- Health Fair on the day of the race at UNTHSC’s Alumni Plaza featuring Flu shots, bike helmets, general health screenings and more
- Free osteopathic manipulative treatment after the race to ease muscle cramps and improve blood flow
- Commemorative T-shirt with registration
- Awards for top three male and female finishers by age groups
- Silent auction on the day of the race to support the Alliance for Children
The DO Dash was founded in 2002 by TCOM students to demonstrate the principles of osteopathic medicine by encouraging healthy lifestyles through exercise and education. Each year TCOM’s second-year students give back to the community by volunteering their time to organize and put on the DO Dash.
For more information, visit the DO Dash Web site or email firstname.lastname@example.org.