Janice Knebl, Do, Mba

This is Whole Health: Dr. Janice Knebl

“A longtime patient of mine is in her 90s with a large family. When she initially came to me, she wanted to be sure that I would follow her wishes, as she had colon cancer, breast cancer and multiple skin cancers, and was very clear about not wanting to have aggressive treatments. She also had…
College Of Education Graduation Sed 27

The path to a white coat started young for one PA student

For first-year physician assistant student Noelia Delgado Rosas, the path to her white coat ceremony began at a young age. When she was in middle school, her mother was diagnosed with cervical cancer and Delgado Rosas attended many appointments with her. Along with the stress and uncertainty of having a sick parent, there were additional…
Dr. Mills

Why I Give: Jeremiah G. Mills Endowed Scholarships

In 2001, Dr. John G. Mills, a professor at The University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth, and his family suffered one of the most emotionally wrenching experiences a parent or sibling can go through — the loss of a child. Jeremiah G. Mills was just 16 years old when he was diagnosed…
Jadepool

No substitute for on-the-job experience in health care  

I've learned more in the last five days than I had over the last year. Don't get me wrong, being in medical school is no joke, and the hours I've spent in the classroom are undoubtedly valuable, but it is nothing compared to being on the job. I just finished my first year at the…
Lmarkham 2022 Hi Res

This is Whole Health: Laine Markham

“Through our remote patient monitoring program, I have seen our patients gain a better understanding of their health status and become empowered to make changes for the better. They can take ownership of their health by tracking their vitals daily and receiving instant feedback from nurses and providers. It has also enabled my patient’s family…
Nachw Unity Photo

SPH houses community health worker training center

The School of Public Health at The University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth recently became the new home of the Texas Department of State Health Services Certified Community Health Worker Training Center. The center provides essential certification and education to the rapidly growing workforce of Community Health Workers, known as CHWs,…
Students looking at plants

2023 wellness symposium: “Whole Health for Self-Wealth”

The University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth's SaferCare Texas and the School of Health Professions recently hosted a wellness symposium, “Whole Health for Self-Wealth” at the Fort Worth Botanic Gardens. HSC Physician Assistant students, faculty and staff had the opportunity to learn from several guest speakers whose presentations focused on financial…
Ram 0223 (1)

Arlington resident’s visit to free clinic changed her vision

It was 2021, and Precious Harris hadn’t seen clearly in five years. The Arlington resident was one of thousands of North Texas residents who didn’t have vision insurance or the means to buy new glasses. Her circumstances changed after a friend told her about a free clinic organized for the last two years by The…
ATP Team posing with supplies

Administrative professional team spearheaded toiletry drive

The University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth’s administrative professional team organized a toiletry drive for items on campus during the month of June. HSC Health’s senior executive assistant Karen Coleman, who spearheaded the drive, said she was inspired to act after visiting the student pantry. There she saw a need for…
Spencer Traver

Innovate Fort Worth podcast: Simpli.fi’s Spencer Traver

Spencer Traver recently shared his insights and experiences on the Innovate Fort Worth podcast. The director of marketing at Simpli.fi, an automated advertising technology company based in Fort Worth, has played an instrumental role in the company’s successful rebranding by highlighting the many tech services available for marketers and advertisers. The podcast, produced by HSC…