Getting your news out to campus
Do you have information the UNTHSC team needs to know about? Here’s how to get the word out:
Use Daily News, an electronic bulletin board
- All faculty, staff and students may post information to Daily News.
- Each morning, all Daily News announcements are emailed to faculty, staff and students. If you’d like to post an announcement, just click the link at the top of your Daily News email or look for the link on the the Insite Home page.
- How effective is Daily News? Survey results show faculty and staff rely on Daily News most for information. We hear that students often rely on Daily News as well—both to seek information and to post it.
- Your Daily News announcement can be linked to a website. Some like to include a URL that links to posted electronic flyer or other online information.
- Need help using Daily News? Check the Daily News FAQs.
Distribute hard-copy flyers via inter-departmental mail
Just create a flier, print 100 copies, and ask Mail Services to distribute one copy to each department.
Create a poster or sign
Don’t have any easels? Contact CETS to check some out. Need help with design work? Try one of these templates or fill out the Office of Marketing and Communication project request form. Need help with printing? Contact the Sign Shop.
Create an email distribution list
Create your list with the key people who need the information. Some departments distribute their seminar flyers this way—in addition to posting the information in Daily News.
Reach students with Engage
If your audience includes students, check with Student Affairs to see if your news is appropriate for Engage, a digital platform that students use for communication. To inquire, email email@example.com. If you are seeking student volunteers, complete this form.
Set up an information table
If appropriate, consider setting up and staffing information tables or displays in high-traffic areas or at events such as fairs. You can also create your own event, such as an open house or a lunch-and-learn.
This page was last modified on June 7, 2021