How can these guidelines help us in communicating our message?
They help us all communicate with a single voice that is purposeful, clear and consistent. Having consistent messages makes it easier for people to get to know us and helps avoid confusing our audience.
How can I determine my message?
Ask yourself these questions:
- Who is my audience?
- What do you want them to know or say about HSC?
- What are you asking them to do?
The answers will help ensure your message is on target.
What are some powerful overall messages I can use?
Here are a few messages that clarify our vision: One University, built on values, defining and producing the providers of the future. Choose those that are most relevant to your communication goal.
- HSC first: One University means communication should focus on HSC first and individual schools, programs or teams second.
- Improving the human condition: We are deeply committed to making the world a better place. “Human condition” is a broad concept that covers virtually every
- Innovation mindset and an entrepreneurial spirit: Our students, faculty and staff operate on the cutting edge of scientific and educational advancement. We are passionate about preparing our students to thrive in the rapidly changing health care landscape, and our researchers and clinical care providers seek new and better ways to understand disease and care for patients.
- Extraordinary Teamwork: We set ourselves apart through Extraordinary Teamwork. We work as teams across departments, disciplines and schools to create better education for students, stronger research, improved patient care and a better work environment.
- Defining and producing the providers of the future: Our students are the providers of the future. Providers are the doctors, pharmacists, therapists and PAs who care for us—and the researchers and public health specialists who help provide a healthier community for us all.
- Financial strength: We are a good steward of funding from all sources, and we make a sizable contribution to the local economy.
- Sustainable people culture: We invest in our people and are committed to building a lasting values-based culture.
How can I succinctly pitch what HSC does?
Use our “elevator speech.”
The University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth is One University comprised of six graduate colleges for health care providers, researchers and public health experts. We have a strong values-based culture, and we produce leaders in health care and science who are driven to improve the human condition through a passion for innovation and teamwork.
How can I make these messages more memorable to my audience?
- Use concrete examples.
- Explain how our programs improve lives.
- Share stories.
- Avoid jargon.
This page was last modified on September 14, 2020