IHI Open School – Fort Worth Chapter
The Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI) Open School Fort Worth Chapter was established as a formal University of North Texas Health Science Center (UNTHSC) student organization in August 2017, under the direction of the UNTHSC Institute for Patient Safety (IPS). The IHI Open School Fort Worth Chapter is an organization for like-minded, interdisciplinary students, interested in patient safety and improved quality of care. The IHI Open School provides opportunities for students to learn about patient safety and healthcare quality improvement through networking, working on quality improvement projects, and attending and presenting at national conferences.
- The open school currently consists of 69 members
- Participating students are from all UNTHSC Disciplines (TCOM, Pharmacy, SPH, SHP, & GSBS).
- General meetings occur once/month. Officer meetings occur bi-monthly.
- All members are required to complete the IHI Basic Certificate.
To learn more about the IHI Open School, please visit: http://www.ihi.org/education/ihiopenschool/Pages/default.aspx
- President: Alexander Lo, M.S, M.P.H. (TCOM)
- Vice President: Rashmi Deshmukh, B.D.S. (MPH – SPH)
- Secretary: Ruchi Shah (MHA – SPH)
- Treasurer: Brandon Schmeits, M.S. (TCOM)
- Hand Hygiene Design of Experiment (DOE) with JPS
- Deaf/Hearing Impaired Community Project
- Medication Safety Awareness Tip Sheet
- Transitions of Care – Research Appreciation Day winner
- The IPS sponsored seven students to attend the IHI Annual Conference in Orlando, Dec 4-7, 2016, where they presented a Hand Hygiene storyboard in collaboration with JPS.
- Two students were selected to attend the IHI 8th Annual Student Quality and Organizing Leadership Academy (SQOLA) that took place in Cambridge, MA (July 27 – 28, 2017).
- Hosted a “Patient Safety expert Panel” on March 22, 2017 to celebrate NPSF National Patient Safety Awareness Week.
IHI Open School Fort Worth Chapter Advisor
- Catherine Sembajwe-Reeves (IPS Assistant Director Educational Programs, IPS)
This page was last modified on August 9, 2017