Culture at HSC
HSC Fort Worth is proud of the values journey we’ve taken together during the last several years. We have united, not just in pursuit of common goals, but around a set of shared values that guide our work and actions.
Together, we’ve created a sustainable people culture that will serve to keep top performers and attract new ones. Now is the time for the next phase of our journey, where our strong culture guides our strategic initiatives.
Model exceptional standards and act in the best interest of our community.
- Build trust through consistent actions that are honest, transparent, and authentic.
- Provide, accept, and support open and constructive feedback.
- Hold yourself and others accountable for decisions, behaviors, actions, and results.
Cultivate opportunities for learning, creating, discovering, and innovating.
- Question the conventional with creative solutions.
- Engage in new experiences for learning and growth.
- Take strategic risk and learn from failure and success.
- Pursue collaborative opportunities.
Champion a people-first approach to building relationships and community.
- Cultivate authentic connections that have a meaningful impact.
- Share expertise and resources.
- Recognize contributions and celebrate success.
- Help at least one person every day.
Foster an inclusive environment of respect, belonging, and access for all.
- Develop awareness and understanding of different experiences.
- Respect diversity of people, beliefs, thoughts, and ideas.
- Support opportunities to remove barriers to equity and inclusion.
SHOW YOUR FIRE
Exhibit passion and pride in the experiences we create.
- Go beyond the ordinary and surpass expectations.
- Be prepared, be present, and actively participate.
- Promote enthusiastic engagement.
- Cultivate a positive environment and find opportunities for fun and recognition.
TRUST The cornerstone to the foundation of our success
Download a copy of Our Values here.
Our Values are based on the concept of True North. This term refers to the internal moral compass we each possess. The north arrow of the compass points to the values and principles that guide and inspire us to do the right thing – even if no one is looking.
Our Mission: Create solutions for a healthier community
Our Vision: One university, built on values, defining and producing the providers of the future
Our Purpose: Transform lives in order to improve the lives of others
HSC at Fort Worth 5
SOURCE: Fall Enrollment and Human Resources data from U.S. Department of Education IPEDS reporting, as reported in the HSC Viewbook. 2022 Faculty and Staff numbers will be updated in late spring of 2023.
DEGREES & CERTIFICATES AWARDED
380 Doctoral-Professional Practice 16 Doctoral-Research
2,338 HEADCOUNT ENROLLMENT*
6 Impact Report