The Geriatric Practice Leadership Institute (GPLI) prepares teams of professionals from various healthcare sites to serve as leaders in their institutions to foster geriatric evidence based practices and to improve outcomes for older adults. Interprofessional participant teams will be empowered with tools, skills, and experiences as they work together on site-specific quality improvement project throughout the ten month Institute.
You can become a leader in geriatrics!
The Geriatric Practice Leadership Institute (GPLI) is a collaboration between TCU Harris College of Nursing and Health Sciences, Neeley Executive Education, and UNT Health Science Center. It is designed for individuals and teams positioned as transformational leaders in their organizations. Participants/teams will learn about concepts to effectively lead and work in emerging health care environments for older adults in primary care.
The GPLI will inspire and promote interprofessional team-based projects that assist in the real-world application of their newly acquired skills and knowledge. These projects will involve team members learning about, from and with each other; working together and effective functioning as a team; envisioning and creating meaningful interventions designed to improve quality geriatrics care and patient safety while reducing costs; and taking action to implement interventions in the emerging value-based healthcare systems. The five domains addressed by the GPLI program are:
- Leading Self
- Leading Teams
- Leading Organizational Change
- Population Health Science
- Aging Network and Healthcare Delivery for Older Adults
As of now, 27 healthcare professionals received this training and reported the following:
- 92% of participants would recommend the GPLI to a friend or colleague.
- 96% of participants felt a personal mindfulness of leadership attributes and skills upon completion of the sessions.
- 96% of participants understood the importance of effective interprofessional teams.
|Individual Requirements||Team Requirements||Organization Commitment|
- Friday, September 15, 2017, 9am-4pm
- Friday, September 29, 2017, 9am-4pm
- Friday, October 27, 2017, 9am-4pm
- Friday, November 10, 2017, 9am-4pm
- Friday, December 1, 2017, 9am-4pm
- Friday, May 4, 2018– Tentative, 9am-12pm
- Friday, June 15, 2018—Tentative, 9am-12pm
Fees are waived for the 2017-2018 year (valued at $2,200 per individual).
Continuing education credit will be available for physicians, physical therapy, social work, pharmacy, and nursing.
This page was last modified on August 29, 2017