PhD (Research-Based) Application Guide
Official transcript(s) from every college/university attended
2 Letters of recommendation
- Submit Online Application
- Pay the $50 application fee
- After the application fee has been posted, you will receive an email with a PIN that will allow you to activate your MyHSC student portal, where you can check the status of your application.
- If you’ve applied to any UNT program in the past, you should already have access to MyHSC and will not receive this email. You can click the forgot EUID/password links on the login page to access your record.
- If you have activated your MyHSC student portal and cannot access your account, please contact the IT Help Desk.
- The Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences will begin to process your application and create check-list items to be completed in order to proceed through the application process. The check-list items can be viewed on your MyHSC student portal.
- Submit remaining documents required for the application.
We have a centralized admissions process meaning all applications are reviewed by a committee comprised of faculty representatives from each department. Individual faculty do not make admissions decisions. All applications completed by the deadline are reviewed by the admissions committee. The admissions committee meets to review applications completed by the deadline from late January through April.
Any questions should be directed to GoToGradSchool@unthsc.edu, please use the subject “PhD Applicant”.
This page was last modified on January 7, 2020