Isolated serum LDLs (Cistola Lab)
- Negative Stained (Uranyl formate)
- Zeiss EM 910 transmission electron microscope
- AMT XR401L sCMOS digital camera
Welcome to the home page of the UNTHSC Microscopy Core Facility’s Web Site. You will find information here on the services we provide to the research and academic community here at the University of North Texas Health Science Center.
We are located on the Fort Worth campus at the northwest corner of the Fort Worth Arts District across from the Amon Carter Museum of Western Art.
While here you can also look at our fee structure as well as view equipment reservations. Some of the images recorded here in the facility can also be found.
Enjoy your visit
News & Information
Spring 2016 Graduate Course Offerings
CBIM 5201 : Bioimaging
2 Graduate Level Credits
Instructors: Ignacy Gryczynski, Anne-Marie Brun, Lawrence Oakford, Julian Boredo, Rafal Fudala & Irina Akopova
- This course is offered once a year in the Spring
- This course covers the following imaging techniques:
- Atomic Force Microscopy (AFM)
- Total Internal Reflection Microscopy (TIRF)
- Electron Microscopy (EM)
- Time-Resolved Fluorescence Microscopy (TRFM)
- Fluorescence Spectroscopy (FS)
- Image Processing and Analysis
- Class will meet on Tuesdays from 10:00 AM to Noon.
- Contact Dr. Gryczinski for more information.
CBIM 5202 : Introduction to Confocal Microscopy
1 Graduate Level Credit
Instructors: Ignacy Gryczynski, I-fen Chang & Anne-Marie Brun
- This course is offered 2X a year in the Fall and the Spring
- It is required if you are doing independent study with any of the facility’s Confocal Microscopes
- If you have plans to use these microscopes in your research this will be your last opportunity to get this training until Fall 2016 (No training will be available during the Summer)
This page was last modified on November 10, 2015