Institutional loans are loans in which The University of North Texas Health Science Center is the lender. All institutional loans must be within the students’ Cost of Attendance. Loans are awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis depending upon student need and available funding.
Etta Newby Loan
Etta Newby Pre-Application
· Must be a Texas native and a Texas resident
· Must be enrolled full-time
· Must have need and have exhausted federal loan funds
· Maximum eligibility is $4,000/year (lifetime limit is $8,000)
· 0% fixed interest rate
· No origination fee
· Repayment begins 12 months after student ceases to be enrolled full-time
· Student will agree to repay $30 per month for every $1,000 borrowed until the principal has been paid
· NOT eligible for consolidation with Unsubsidized Stafford loans.
· See the H18 Private Education Loan Application and Solicitation Form for more information.
This page was last modified on August 31, 2017