Date: Thursday, September 22, 2022
Time: 11:00 am–4:00 pm ET
More event information and the agenda can be found on the AHRQ website: https://www.ahrq.gov/cahps/news-and-events/research-meetings/assessing-patient-experience.html.
This virtual meeting will explore how Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS®) surveys shed light on disparities in patient experience and how improved measurement can advance healthcare equity. This meeting will bring together CAHPS survey users, researchers, healthcare organization leaders, patient advocates, policymakers, federal partners and the CAHPS Consortium with the common purpose of understanding current approaches to measuring patient experience and advancing equity in patient experience through improvements in measurement.
The goals of this meeting are to share current research and discuss five major questions:
1. What have CAHPS and other patient experience survey data taught us about
disparities in patient experience?
2. How can we better identify different groups in the patient population and ensure that
their experiences with care are represented in the survey data?
3. What information and insights do CAHPS and other patient experience surveys
provide to support healthcare equity improvement efforts?
4. How can survey results be analyzed and reported to identify effective evidence-based
interventions that can be developed and implemented to promote equity in patient
5. What are barriers to enhancing equity through patient experience measurement?
What facilitates enhancing equity in patient experience through better measurement?