All UNT Health clinics will open at noon on Tuesday so that we can resume caring for our patients. UNT Health Science Center otherwise will remain closed on Tuesday.
The Facilities team worked all day Monday and will return Tuesday morning to clear most of the parking lots and pathways to UNT Health clinics, ensuring they are safe and accessible. Please use only cleared walkways. When walking to the Patient Care Center, please avoid the pedestrian bridges spanning Clifton Street.
If road conditions are unsafe in your community, or school closures or delays have left you without childcare, please contact your supervisor. They have been instructed to accommodate the individual circumstances of employees. We are grateful for your dedication and service to our patients.
The rest of UNT Health Science Center will be closed. All classes and scheduled events have been canceled.
You can check these sources for Health Science Center inclement weather closing information:
- Call our main phone number: 817-735-2000. If the Health Science Center closes for inclement weather, a special recorded message will inform you of the closing times. The message will be removed when the Health Science Center reopens.
- Make sure your Red Alert information is current so you receive closing information. UNTHSC uses the Red Alert system to notify employees and students of emergencies and inclement weather closings. The Red Alert system can contact you via email, by telephone at work and/or on your cell and at home, as well as by text message on your cell phone (if you have granted permission). Make sure your settings are current by visiting the myHSC home page: http://my.hsc.unt.edu/Just log in and click on the Red Alert box. If you want to receive emergency messages via text, but sure to check the appropriate box giving your permission.
- Check the UNTHSC website. Closing information will be posted there soon after the decision is made, including date(s) and time(s) of closure. The notice will remain on the site until the campus reopens.
- Tune into local TV and radio broadcasts. All four major local television channels – FOX 4, NBC 5, ABC 8 and CBS 11 – are notified when the Health Science Center closes for inclement weather. Information will be included with school and government office closures.
- Check our Facebook or Twitter pages. Any closing updates will be posted there as well.