The Mike Utley Foundation is a nonprofit organization that was founded January 2, 1992. The purpose of the Foundation is to financially support select research, rehabilitation and education for those living with spinal cord injuries. Awards are granted in the following areas:
• Select research for the development of pharmaceutical or biological methods to improve function in acute or chronic spinal cord injuries. Preference will be given to investigators with established programs in adult stem cell research.
• Funding of Rehabilitation Institutions for research, equipment purchases, patient assistance programs and durable medical equipment.
In order to be considered for a grant from the Mike Utley Foundation, the following guidelines must be met:
• The recipient organization must be defined as tax-exempt under Section 501 (c)(3) or Section 509 of the IRS Code. The Mike Utley Foundation does not fund grants to for-profit organizations.
• The Mike Utley Foundation follows national grant making standards and Better Business Bureau recommendations and seeks to fund organizations with administrative costs of less than 35% of the total expense budget.
• It is the policy of the Mike Utley Foundation to direct all funding to the actual costs of the project when possible. Grant awards may not be used for indirect costs. Restrictions will apply on the amount of the grant award that may be used for salaries or other incidental expenses.
Internal Submission Deadline: September 1, 2022
Sponsor Due Date: October 1, 2022 at 5:00 PM (CST).
Funding organizations limit the number of applications submitted annually by an institution. Interested applicants will need to submit an abstract to the Research Enhancement & Assistance Program (Meredith.Fogleman@UNTHSC.edu) at least 30 days before the Sponsor’s Due Date. Abstracts will be vetted by the Research Advisory Committee for approval.
For additional Foundation opportunities, please visit: Grant Funding Opportunities – Foundation – Research and Innovation (unthsc.edu)