Here are winners of the Eighth Annual Student Affairs Chili Cook-off, conducted this week to raise money for student scholarships:
- First Place (night’s stay at WinStar World Casino and Resort and restaurant gift card) — Team Red Hot Chili Doctors, led by student Trevor Walker, with the entry, "A.T. Chili"
- Second Place (Texas Rangers Prize Pack) – Laura Hopkins, Medical Education
- Third Place (UNTHSC Alumni Association Prize Pack) – Student David Gregorio, who entered "Gene’s Chili"
- People’s Choice Award (trophy) – Team Red Hot Chili Doctors
- Special Award for Spiciest Chili – Team Ramrod, led by student Curtis Brewer, who entered "Tucker & Dale’s Finger Lickin’ Chili"
Student Nicholas Kreyling broke the Cook-off’s Jalapeno Pepper Eating contest record by downing seven peppers!
Student Jennifer Hsu won the drawing for a $25 Target gift card by signing up online before the event.
The contest cooked up about $800 for scholarships!