Students! Create a LinkedIn account, or update your existing profile, AND join the UNTHSC Career Center group to be entered into the bi-weekly prize drawing! If you are already a member, just comment on one of our daily posts to also be eligible for the drawing. Next drawing: Friday, November 30.
Your career path is a lifelong journey, and therefore the UNTHSC Career Center firmly maintains our commitment to you and your professional development during and beyond your time as a student here. We want to connect with you now and keep our professional relationship strong so that we can not only keep up with what you are doing in your career, continuing education and other endeavors—but so that you can also keep up with the latest career information! In turn, this ongoing connection allows UNTHSC to continue to strengthen as an institution and ultimately helps enhance the value of your degree.
Why LinkedIn, you ask?
• Total number of LinkedIn users worldwide: 560 Million-plus from over 200 countries (146 million in the US).
• Number of active job listings on LinkedIn: 10 million-plus
• Average number of LinkedIn connections that job recruiters have: 616 (61 million LinkedIn users are “Senior Level Influencers”).
• UNTHSC LinkedIn group followers: 7,000 and growing including over 4,800 alumni (over 660 followers in the UNTHSC Career Center group).
To connect with the Career Center and UNTHSC on LinkedIn:
• “UNTHSC Career Center” https://www.linkedin.com/groups/8424073.
• For general UNTHSC news and information: “University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth” https://www.linkedin.com/school/university-of-north-texas-health-science-center-at-fort-worth/.
• Also join HSC Connect for latest campus news, events and job postings! https://unthscconnect.com.
For an individual consultation with Career Center staff to build your LinkedIn profile and other social media presence, as well as for other services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org / (817) 735-5020 or schedule an appointment directly through Grades First via the Career Center home page: https://www.unthsc.edu/students/career-center/.