Recently in the news, you may have heard about the “Tripledemic”. The tripledemic refers to three currently circulating viruses of Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV), Influenza, and COVID-19. Older adults, young infants, pregnant women and those with chronic illnesses are at the highest risk of developing complications related to these viruses.
If you haven’t gotten your flu shot or COVID booster, HSC Health has you covered! It’s not too late to schedule your COVID-19 booster or flu shot by appointment today. Call Student Health at 817-735-5051 or Priority Care at 817-735-CARE (2273).
Before traveling or gathering with family and friends during the holidays, remember these tips:
– Make sure you and your family members have been vaccinated
– Cover your cough and sneeze
– Consider masking when indoors, on a plane, or among crowds like when shopping
– Wash your hands often with soap and water at least 20 seconds
– Most importantly, if you’re sick, stay home
For more flu prevention tips, visit https://www.cdc.gov/flu/prevent/index.html
Before traveling, consider influenza rates in other U.S. states. Follow influenza surveillance at https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/usmap.htm
To order up to 4 FREE COVID-19 test kits to be mailed to your home, visit https://www.covid.gov/tests